Week 15 - Dec. 3
Day 1-3 None
Week 14 - Nov. 26
Nov. 26 - draw your blueprint for your Tiny House. Use the scale 1 in = 2 ft. Include the scale in the bottom right corner. Include "Architect" and your name in the bottom left corner. Put the side of the house in the top in the center. Write the dimensions (size) of each piece. Ex. 14 ft. Do NOT write the inches on the blueprint. If you need help, go to the project page and rewatch the video on how to do the blueprint. Your group cannot start building until all of the sides are done and approved by the building department.
Week 13 - Nov. 13 - 16
Nov. 14th - Zero Waste Challenge Reflection due
Nov. 14th - Unit 2: Thermal Energy Interactive Science Notebook due - Make sure you have your End of Unit CER glued in and color-coded
Week 12 - Nov. 5 - 9
Work on Zero Waste Challenge Reflection - due on Nov. 14th
Notebooks due on Nov. 14th - must have Big Ahas! and End of Unit CER done - you will have all day on Friday in class to work on End of Unit CER
Week 11 - Oct 29-Nov. 2
Keep collecting trash up until midnight on Halloween.
Day 1- Do ONE Big Aha! I recommend P. 35 Energy & Particles in Motion
Day 2 - Do SECOND Big Aha! I recommend p. 43 or 43.
Week 10 - Oct. 22-26
Continue to collect trash.
Week 9 - Oct. 9-15
Day 1 - Finish reading "Energy & Particle Motion" article, p. 35.
Day 2 & 3: Do Graphic notes on p. 34 about the "Energy & Particle Motion" article, p. 35.
Graphic notes include:
1. Key points - include paragraph that the key note came from
2. An annotated diagram that helps explain a key concept from the text
3. Summary (3-4 sentences)
4. Cross Cutting Concept: Look on page 2. Pick a Cross Cutting Concept (CCC) that you think relates to the text. Explain how the CCC is relevant to the text. This is done in green.
Week 8 - Oct. 9-12
Day 1 - Keep collecting trash all week
Day 2 - Finish Unit 2: Thermal Energy title page, page 27. Look at page 10 for unit title page expectations.
Week 7 - Oct. 1 - 5
Day 1 - Start collecting waste for Zero Waste October Challenge
Week 6 - Sept. 24-28
Day 1-3: Work on End of Unit Claim-Evidence -Reason, p. 26. Print it out. Color-code it. Claim = red, Evidence = green, and Reason = blue. Key science vocabulary is in orange. Transition words are underlined. Print out and glue on page 26. Notebooks are due on Monday
Week 5 - Sept 17-21
Day 1 (Sept. 17) - Work on your prototype sketch, p. 24 if not done. Next class, you’ll get feedback and you’ll do your final drawing.
Day 2 & 3 - finish second Big Aha! Optional: Third Big Aha! (p. 12 & 13) for students aiming for an 85% or higher on the Interactive Science Notebook
Week 4 - Sept. 10 - 14
Day 1 (Sept. 10)
- Finish Unit Title page, p. 11.
- Retake Sorting Stations Quiz on Google Classroom if you did not get a 100%. You can retake it as many times as you need to get a 100%. This is due by next Monday.
Day 2 (Sept. 11) - Retake Sorting Stations Quiz on Google Classroom if you did not get a 100%. You can retake it as many times as you need to get a 100%. This is due by next Monday.
Day 3 (Sept. 12/13) - Finish Graphic Notes, p. 20. We are starting this in class. Finished looks like:
- Key points
- Diagram with annotation (explanation)
- Summary (3+ sentences, include key science vocabulary in orange)
- Connections - look at the Cross Cutting Concepts on p. 2. Pick one that you think best connects with the reading and explain why you think it is relevant/connected.
Week 3 - Sept. 4 - 7
Day 1 (Sept. 4/5) -
- Make sure your parents/guardians AND you, have signed the “Student Safety Contract” on page 9.
- Finish coloring the Natural Resources: Renewable or Nonrenewable? on P. 15. Due Day 3.
Complete looks like:
- Full color.
- No stick figures.
- Underline or highlight key science vocabulary (ex. photosynthesis, respiration) in orange.
Day 2 - Finish any
Week 2 - August 27 - 31
Day 1 (8/27 or 8/28) - Number Interactive Science Notebook (ISN) pages until the end (p. 200). Remember even numbers are always on the left side and odd are on the right side.
Day 2 (8/28 or 8/29) - Find a picture to glue onto "Interactive Notebook Thinking Process" p. 5 - due Day 4
Day 3 (8/29 or 8/30) - Read and get parent or guardian signature on "Safety Contract" - p. 9
Day 4 (8/31) - None, BUT... if you haven't completed any of the above homework assignments, do them over the weekend.
Week 1 - August 22 - 24
Day 1 (8/22) - Bring Interactive Science Notebook (ISN)
Day 2 (8/23 or 8/24)- None
Number Pages 1 to end of book. I will check this on Day 2 next week. (Day 2 means the second time I see you next week).
Week 7 - Oct. 2-6
Day 1 - Revise infographic if it was returned to you. Otherwise, no homework.
Day 2-4 - None
Week 6 - Sept. 25 - 29
Day 1 & 2 - finish Infographic (Due day 3). Upload to Google Classroom. Make sure you
publish it first. Instructions on how to do that on the Infographic page. Optional: Bring in build materials for your engineering project.
Week 5 - Sept. 18
Day 1 & 2(9/18 & 9/19) - Finish getting your 3 pieces of information for your infographic - put on shared group document
Day 3 - work on Infographic (Due day 3 next week). Upload to Google Classroom. Make sure you
publish it first.
Week 4 - Sept. 11 - 15
Day 1 (9/11) - Marshmallow Reflection Questions on P. 18
1. What were the steps in your process? For example, how did you plan what to build? Did you make a sketch before starting? Did you test your materials before building?
2. How did your team work together? Did you dive right in? Did you assign roles? Did everyone share ideas?
3. How did you choose which design to go with?
4. Did you test your design and then adjust it as you started to build? Did you change your design completely along the way?
5. What were the strengths of your design? What were the challenges you encountered with your design?
Day 2-4: None
Week 3 - Sept. 5 - 8
Day 1 (9/5) - Finish "Natural Resources" comic. Expectations:
- full color (inlcudes textboxes and everything inside the boxes
- no stick figures
Week 2 - August 28 - September 1
Day 1 (8/28) - Find a photo of yourself for your page 3 of your interactive science notebook. Glue in.
Day 2 (8/29) - Finish Unit Title page - Include:
- Unit 1: Plastic Solutions
- 3 relevant images about plastic
- full color (including background)
- tab that says "U1: Plastics"
Day 3 & 4 (8/30- 9/1) - none - finish any missing work (ex. title page, numbering all notebook pages, getting photo for page 3)