First Trimester (Below)
Unit 1: Plastics Solutions - Ending
Week 1 - August 22 - 24
Day 1 (8/22) - Bring Interactive Science Notebook (ISN)
Day 2 (8/23 or 8/24)- Number Pages 1 to end of book. I will check this on Day 2 next week. (Day 2 means the second time I see you next week).
OPTIONAL: Bring in science images and writing for Interactive Science Notebook cover. We will design covers on Day 1 next week. I will provide lots of National Geographic magazines to cut up. We will decoupage (that is a method of gluing) in class. I will also provide some preprinted labels like this. However, if you want your name and period printed, then you need to do it at home. You may make a copy of this or make your own and include:
Week 7 - Oct. 2-6
Day 1 - Revise infographic if it was returned to you. Otherwise, no homework.
Day 2-4 - None
Week 6 - Sept. 25 - 29
Day 1 & 2 - finish Infographic (Due day 3). Upload to Google Classroom. Make sure you
publish it first. Instructions on how to do that on the Infographic page. Optional: Bring in build materials for your engineering project.
Week 5 - Sept. 18
Day 1 & 2(9/18 & 9/19) - Finish getting your 3 pieces of information for your infographic - put on shared group document
Day 3 - work on Infographic (Due day 3 next week). Upload to Google Classroom. Make sure you
publish it first.
Week 4 - Sept. 11 - 15
Day 1 (9/11) - Marshmallow Reflection Questions on P. 18
1. What were the steps in your process? For example, how did you plan what to build? Did you make a sketch before starting? Did you test your materials before building?
2. How did your team work together? Did you dive right in? Did you assign roles? Did everyone share ideas?
3. How did you choose which design to go with?
4. Did you test your design and then adjust it as you started to build? Did you change your design completely along the way?
5. What were the strengths of your design? What were the challenges you encountered with your design?
Day 2-4: None
Week 3 - Sept. 5 - 8
Day 1 (9/5) - Finish "Natural Resources" comic. Expectations:
- full color (inlcudes textboxes and everything inside the boxes
- no stick figures
Week 2 - August 28 - September 1
Day 1 (8/28) - Find a photo of yourself for your page 3 of your interactive science notebook. Glue in.
Day 2 (8/29) - Finish Unit Title page - Include:
- Unit 1: Plastic Solutions
- 3 relevant images about plastic
- full color (including background)
- tab that says "U1: Plastics"
Day 3 & 4 (8/30- 9/1) - none - finish any missing work (ex. title page, numbering all notebook pages, getting photo for page 3)